The essential guide for success in songwriting
In this comprehensively updated 3rd Edition, John Braheny teaches you the craft of songwriting and then goes behind the scenes of the music business to unearth insider secrets that will make your songs stand out. You'll find exercises and anecdotes to help you:
- Develop a songwriter's consciousness for picking out original ideas
- Collaborate effectively with co-writers
- Break into songwriting for film & TV, children's music, and commercials
- Use the internet to best advantage for pitching songs, networking, and publicity
- Understand the business of demos and song contracts
Braheny also brings you up to date with ongoing changes in online digital song distribution, podcasting, song-pitching services, home recording technology, production music libraries, and web hosting services. It's everything you need to know to make your mark on the world of music!