Recognizing and emphasizing business and sociocultural influences, this is a timely and unique examination of public relations in the sport industry. Along with providing a broad and well-researched theoretical foundation, LEtang embeds throughout the text relevant examples and strategic applications of Sports PR in practice.
- Paul M. Pedersen, Indiana University
A cleverly integrated and dynamic text, Sports Public Relations offers incisive PR guidance for navigating sports vast industrial scale, intractable social impact, turbulent political arena, and insatiable entertainment appetite. This cutting-edge text tackles the sport mediascape with originality and poise, ensuring it will quickly become a must-read for any PR-savvy sport marketer.
-Aaron Smith, RMIT University
Sport is one of the worlds major businesses but it is also entertainment, celebrity, fandom and social cohesion, forming a central aspect of culture and communication. Public relations is part of the process at all levels, whether handling major sponsorship and media rights deals, events, promoting stars or increasing participation. This book:
- Explains how PR issues arise for sport and sports business and how PR approaches and thinking may be used to solve them.
- Shows how and when the sports industry needs PR experts.
- Explores the connection between strategy and communication as they apply to sport and PR.
- Teaches students strategic and critical thinking essential for PR work.
Sports Public Relations is an essential guide for students in PR, sport studies, sport marketing and sport communication.