A necessity for auditors, audit managers, audit teams, and all quality professionals. The Quality Audits for Improved Performance, Third Edition, provides established techniques and serves as a guide to learning and applying the basic techniques of quality auditing. Author Dennis Arter continues to expand on the audit principles to show how the quality audit can improve business performance.
The new edition features:
* Expanded background and history of auditing
* A general model for auditing any management system
* Added information on process audits and the system-process-product relationship
* Auditor competencies and qualification
* Explanation of audit reports and the role of the auditor after the report
* New material on remedial and corrective action
* Example audit procedures and glossary of terms
Arter addresses both internal and supplier auditing as it relates to any quality management system, including ISO 9001, GMP, automotive, and others. He provides supportive examples and checklists throughout the book to help make this one of the best single-source reference guides. Quality practitioners and registrars will find this book to be a useful tool.
* Brief History of Auditing
* What Is an Audit?
* General Model of Auditing
* Management Principles Audit Program Manager
* Phases of the Audit Process
* Audit Plan
* Remedial Action
* Corrective Action
* Close Out